By Mike Crampin,David Saunders
Read or Download Cartan Geometries and their Symmetries: A Lie Algebroid Approach (Atlantis Studies in Variational Geometry) PDF
Similar geometry & topology books
X 1 O S R Cher lecteur, J'entre bien tard dans l. a. sphere etroite des ecrivains au double alphabet, moi qui, il y a plus de quarante ans deja, avais accueilli sur mes terres un normal epris de mathematiques. JI m'avait parle de ses projets grandioses en promettant d'ailleurs de m'envoyer ses ouvrages de geometrie.
From the pyramids and the Parthenon to the Sydney Opera condo and the Bilbao Guggenheim, this publication takes readers on an eye-opening travel of the maths at the back of a number of the world's such a lot unbelievable constructions. superbly illustrated, the booklet explores the milestones in effortless arithmetic that brighten up the knowledge of those structures and combines this with an in-depth examine their aesthetics, heritage, and constitution.
The current quantity grew out of the Heidelberg Knot thought Semester, geared up via the editors in iciness 2008/09 at Heidelberg collage. The contributed papers carry the reader modern at the at the moment such a lot actively pursued parts of mathematical knot conception and its purposes in mathematical physics and phone biology.
Spencer Bloch's 1979 Duke lectures, a milestone in sleek arithmetic, were out of print nearly in view that their first e-book in 1980, but they've got remained influential and are nonetheless the simplest position to profit the guiding philosophy of algebraic cycles and factors. This variation, now professionally typeset, has a brand new preface through the writer giving his viewpoint on advancements within the box over the last 30 years.
- 5000 Years of Geometry: Mathematics in History and Culture
- Förderung des geometrischen Denk- und Vorstellungsvermögens, dargestellt an einer Unterrichtseinheit "Achsensymmetrie" (2. Schuljahr): Unter besonderer ... des entdeckenden Lernens (German Edition)
- Graphs, Surfaces and Homology
- Bayesian Logical Data Analysis for the Physical Sciences: A Comparative Approach with Mathematica® Support
- Fourier Restriction for Hypersurfaces in Three Dimensions and Newton Polyhedra (AM-194) (Annals of Mathematics Studies)
Additional resources for Cartan Geometries and their Symmetries: A Lie Algebroid Approach (Atlantis Studies in Variational Geometry)