By H. Wayne Pipkin,John Howard Yoder
The whole writings of Balthasar Hubmaier together with the 3 marks of the genuine Church--water baptism of adults, the Lord's Supper, and fraternal admonition. Edited by means of H. Wayne Pipkin and John Howard Yoder.
Read Online or Download Balthasar Hubmaier: Theologian of Anabaptism (Classics of the Radical Reformation) PDF
Best church history books
John Wyclif is understood for translating the Vulgate Bible into English, and for disagreeing for the royal divestment of the church, the relief of papal strength and the removal of the friars and opposed to the doctrine of transubstantiation. His concept catalyzed the Lollard stream in England and supplied an ideology for the Hussite revolution in Bohemia.
Quickly after Joseph Smith, Jr. , based the Mormon Church in 1830, newspaper editors referred to as him “the American Mahomet,” “Modern Mahomet,” or “Yankee Mahomet. ” within the American Muhammad Alvin Schmidt has undertaken the tough yet informative job of documenting, discussing, and interpreting over seventy parallels that exist among Smith and Muhammad.
Christian religion complicates the duty of historic writing. It does so simply because Christianity is without delay deeply ancient and profoundly transhistorical. Christian historians taking on the problem of writing in regards to the earlier have hence struggled to craft a unmarried, identifiable Christian historiography.
John Moschos' non secular Meadow is likely one of the most crucial resources for past due sixth-early 7th century Palestinian, Syrian and Egyptian monasticism. This undisputedly important number of necessary stories presents modern society with a fuller photograph of a less than perfect social heritage of this era: it's a wealthy resource for figuring out not just the piety of the monk but additionally the bad farmer.
- The Biafran Humanitarian Crisis, 1967–1970: International Human Rights and Joint Church Aid (Law, Culture, and the Humanities Series)
- Herrscherpanegyrik unter Trajan und Konstantin: Studien zur symbolischen Kommunikation in der römischen Kaiserzeit (Studien und Texte zu Antike und Christentum ... Antiquity and Christianity) (German Edition)
- Children and Asceticism in Late Antiquity: Continuity, Family Dynamics and the Rise of Christianity
- The Theological Anthropology of Eustathius of Antioch (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- The Art of Empire: Christian Art in Its Imperial Context
Extra info for Balthasar Hubmaier: Theologian of Anabaptism (Classics of the Radical Reformation)