By Maria Bloch-Trojnar,Anna Malicka-Kleparska
This publication contributes to the new theoretical advancements within the zone of mutual interactions of valency and element, as expressed in several forms of verb-related nominal constructions (nominalizations and artificial compounds). a variety of info from Slavic, Hellenic, Germanic, Romance and Semitic languages offers an empirical trying out floor for competing theoretical factors couched within the lexicalist and construction-based frameworks.
Read or Download Aspect and Valency in Nominals (Studies in Generative Grammar [SGG]) PDF
Best linguistics books
This attention-grabbing selection of conventional metaphors and figures of speech, teams expressions in response to subject. the second one variation contains over 1,500 new entries, additional information on first recognized usages, a brand new creation and elevated indexes. it's going to entice these attracted to cultural background and the English language.
This volume--along with its better half Ethnolinguistic Chicago: Language and Literacy within the City's Neighborhoods--fills an incredible hole in study on Chicago and, extra usually, on language use in globalized metropolitan components. frequently brought up as a vital American urban, Chicago is, and continually has been, a urban of immigrants.
Do Irish superheroes truly sound Irish? Why are Gary Larson's a ways aspect cartoons humorous? How do political cartoonists in India, Turkey, and the united states get their aspect throughout? those questions and plenty of extra are spoke back during this new assortment on linguistics and comics, which explores language and the way the verbal and the visible engage.
This booklet discusses the structures utilized in Belarusian and Lithuanian to precise predicative ownership. The paintings is written inside a typological body: the Belarusian and Lithuanian structures are analyzed within the mild of the typology of the possessive predicative structures proposed by way of Heine (1997).
- The Emergence of Pidgin and Creole Languages (Oxford Linguistics)
- Standards and Norms in the English Language (Contributions to the Sociology of Language [CSL])
- Genie: A Psycholinguistic Study of a Modern-Day Wild Child (Perspectives in neurolinguistics and psycholinguistics)
- Theories and Methods: Volume 1 (Handbücher zur Sprach- und Kommunikationswissenschaft / Handbooks of Linguistics and Communication Science (HSK))
- Routledge Revivals: Pandora and Occam (1992): On the Limits of Language and Literature
- The Origin and Diversification of Language
Extra resources for Aspect and Valency in Nominals (Studies in Generative Grammar [SGG])