By Thomas Ricento
- provides an available advent to the learn of language coverage learn and language’s position in social life
- consists of newly commissioned essays written by way of the world over famous scholars
- helps outline and describe a becoming box of inquiry and is an authoritative resource for college students, students and researchers in linguistics, utilized linguistics, schooling, coverage reports and similar areas
- includes part overviews, annotated bankruptcy bibliographies, and dialogue questions
Read or Download An Introduction to Language Policy: Theory and Method (Language and Social Change) PDF
Similar linguistics books
This attention-grabbing number of conventional metaphors and figures of speech, teams expressions in keeping with subject matter. the second one version comprises over 1,500 new entries, additional info on first identified usages, a brand new creation and increased indexes. it is going to attract these attracted to cultural background and the English language.
This volume--along with its better half Ethnolinguistic Chicago: Language and Literacy within the City's Neighborhoods--fills a massive hole in learn on Chicago and, extra in most cases, on language use in globalized metropolitan components. frequently brought up as a crucial American urban, Chicago is, and constantly has been, a urban of immigrants.
Do Irish superheroes really sound Irish? Why are Gary Larson's a ways facet cartoons humorous? How do political cartoonists in India, Turkey, and the united states get their aspect throughout? those questions and lots of extra are spoke back during this new assortment on linguistics and comics, which explores language and the way the verbal and the visible have interaction.
This ebook discusses the structures utilized in Belarusian and Lithuanian to precise predicative ownership. The paintings is written inside of a typological body: the Belarusian and Lithuanian structures are analyzed within the mild of the typology of the possessive predicative buildings proposed by means of Heine (1997).
- The Discourse Function of Inversion in English (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- The Sounds of Language: An Introduction to Phonetics (Learning about Language)
- Lenition and Fortition (Studies in Generative Grammar [SGG])
- Disarming Words: Empire and the Seductions of Translation in Egypt (FlashPoints)
Extra resources for An Introduction to Language Policy: Theory and Method (Language and Social Change)