By Tibor Koltay
- Despite the fairly huge variety of textbooks at the subject there isn't any up to date ebook on abstracting within the English language
- In addition to supplying a complete assurance of the subject, the proposed ebook includes novel perspectives - specially on informative and indicative abstracts
- The dialogue relies on an interdisciplinary technique, mixing the equipment of library and knowledge technological know-how and linguistics
Read Online or Download Abstracts and Abstracting: A Genre and Set of Skills for the Twenty-First Century (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Similar linguistics books
This attention-grabbing choice of conventional metaphors and figures of speech, teams expressions based on subject. the second one variation comprises over 1,500 new entries, additional info on first recognized usages, a brand new advent and increased indexes. it is going to attract these attracted to cultural background and the English language.
This volume--along with its significant other Ethnolinguistic Chicago: Language and Literacy within the City's Neighborhoods--fills an incredible hole in study on Chicago and, extra regularly, on language use in globalized metropolitan components. frequently pointed out as a fundamental American urban, Chicago is, and continually has been, a urban of immigrants.
Do Irish superheroes really sound Irish? Why are Gary Larson's a ways part cartoons humorous? How do political cartoonists in India, Turkey, and the USA get their element throughout? those questions and plenty of extra are spoke back during this new assortment on linguistics and comics, which explores language and the way the verbal and the visible engage.
This booklet discusses the structures utilized in Belarusian and Lithuanian to precise predicative ownership. The paintings is written inside of a typological body: the Belarusian and Lithuanian structures are analyzed within the gentle of the typology of the possessive predicative buildings proposed via Heine (1997).
- Study Skills for Linguistics (Understanding Language)
- Global Linguistic Flows: Hip Hop Cultures, Youth Identities, and the Politics of Language
- Minimal Indirect Reference: A Theory of the Syntax-Phonology Interface (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- Information Structure in Indigenous Languages of the Americas: Syntactic Approaches (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
- Language and German Disunity: A Sociolinguistic History of East and West in Germany, 1945-2000: A Sociolinguistic History of East and West in Germany 1945-2000
Additional info for Abstracts and Abstracting: A Genre and Set of Skills for the Twenty-First Century (Chandos Information Professional Series)