By E.G.R. Taylor
Read or Download A Regiment for the Sea, and other Writings on Navigation, by William Bourne of Gravesend, a Gunner, c.1535-1582 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series) PDF
Similar world history books
This ebook illuminates our realizing of what occurs whilst various cultures meet. Twelve cultural historians discover the mechanism and internal dynamic of such encounters, and show that whereas they typically happen at the wave of world forces and impacts, they just collect which means in the community, the place tradition inherently is living.
This interdisciplinary quantity is a brand new creation to region stories within the framework of whole-world considering. rising within the usa after international battle II, region reviews have confirmed fundamental to American integration on the earth. They serve major reasons: to equip destiny specialists with wealthy cultural-historical and political-economic wisdom of an international zone in its international context and complex overseas language talent, and to supply readers with well-founded analyses of an enormous array of the world’s groups.
Heinrich Heshusius (1556-97) turned a number one church superintendent and polemicist throughout the early age of Lutheran orthodoxy, and performed an immense position within the reform and management of a number of German towns through the past due Reformation. in addition to providing an creation to Heshusius's writings and concepts, this quantity explores the broader global of late-sixteenth-century German Lutheranism during which he lived and labored.
This types a part of the unique publication II of Cieza's 'Civil Wars of Peru', translated and edited. For different sections of a similar resource, in volumes variously titled, see moment sequence 31 and fifty four. it is a new print-on-demand hardback variation of the quantity first released in 1918.
- The Cambridge World History: Volume 6, The Construction of a Global World, 1400–1800 CE, Part 2, Patterns of Change
- The Slave Ship, Memory and the Origin of Modernity (Memory Studies: Global Constellations)
- The Politics and Culture of Modern Sports
- The Red Sea and Adjacent Countries at the Close of the Seventeenth Century: As described by Joseph Pitts, William Daniel, and Charles Jacques Poncet (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- British Narratives of Exploration: Case Studies on the Self and Other: Volume 2 (Empires in Perspective)
Extra info for A Regiment for the Sea, and other Writings on Navigation, by William Bourne of Gravesend, a Gunner, c.1535-1582 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)