By Edward H. Judge,John W. Langdon
Read Online or Download A Hard and Bitter Peace: A Global History of the Cold War PDF
Best russian history books
Russia's 18th-century force towards modernity and empire lower than the 2 "greats" - Peter I and Catherine II - is captured during this paintings by means of one in all Russia's remarkable younger historians. the writer develops 3 subject matters: Russia's courting to the West; the transformation of "Holy Russia" right into a multinational empire; and the consequences of efforts to modernize Russia selectively alongside Western traces.
Medieval East significant Europe in a Comparative viewpoint attracts jointly the recent views in regards to the relevance of East critical Europe for present historiography via putting the zone in a variety of comparative contexts. The chapters evaluate stipulations inside of East imperative Europe, in addition to among East valuable Europe, the remainder of the continent, and past.
Whilst it seemed in 1983, Caroline Humphrey's Karl Marx Collective was once the 1st particular learn of the Soviet collective farm method. via cautious ethnographic paintings on collective farms operated in Buryat groups in Siberia, the writer offered an absorbing--if dispiriting--account of the particular functioning of a deliberate economic climate on the neighborhood point.
Literature explores the human , the secret of the area, existence and dying, in addition to our relationships with others, and our wishes and goals. It differs from technological know-how in its goals and strategies, yet Babuts indicates in different respects that literature has a lot universal flooring with technology. either objective for an real model of fact.
- Crusading and Chronicle Writing on the Medieval Baltic Frontier: A Companion to the Chronicle of Henry of Livonia
- Silent Conflict: A Hidden History of Early Soviet-Western Relations
- New Russia: Volume 12 (RLE: Early Western Responses to Soviet Russia)
- The International Politics of Eurasia: v. 9: The End of Empire? Comparative Perspectives on the Soviet Collapse
- Poverty and Social Exclusion in the New Russia
- Intellectuals and the Communist Idea: The Search for a New Way in Czech Lands from 1890 to 1938
Extra resources for A Hard and Bitter Peace: A Global History of the Cold War