By Judith N. Cederberg
Read Online or Download A Course in Modern Geometries (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) PDF
Similar geometry & topology books
X 1 O S R Cher lecteur, J'entre bien tard dans l. a. sphere etroite des ecrivains au double alphabet, moi qui, il y a plus de quarante ans deja, avais accueilli sur mes terres un basic epris de mathematiques. JI m'avait parle de ses projets grandioses en promettant d'ailleurs de m'envoyer ses ouvrages de geometrie.
From the pyramids and the Parthenon to the Sydney Opera residence and the Bilbao Guggenheim, this ebook takes readers on an eye-opening journey of the maths at the back of the various world's so much superb structures. superbly illustrated, the ebook explores the milestones in ordinary arithmetic that brighten up the knowledge of those constructions and combines this with an in-depth examine their aesthetics, historical past, and constitution.
The current quantity grew out of the Heidelberg Knot idea Semester, equipped through the editors in wintry weather 2008/09 at Heidelberg collage. The contributed papers convey the reader brand new at the at present so much actively pursued components of mathematical knot idea and its purposes in mathematical physics and mobile biology.
Spencer Bloch's 1979 Duke lectures, a milestone in smooth arithmetic, were out of print virtually considering that their first booklet in 1980, but they've got remained influential and are nonetheless the easiest position to benefit the guiding philosophy of algebraic cycles and causes. This version, now professionally typeset, has a brand new preface by way of the writer giving his point of view on advancements within the box during the last 30 years.
- Euclid Vindicated from Every Blemish: Edited and Annotated by Vincenzo De Risi. Translated by G.B. Halsted and L. Allegri (Classic Texts in the Sciences)
- Introduction to Algebraic Geometry
- Leibniz on the Parallel Postulate and the Foundations of Geometry: The Unpublished Manuscripts (Science Networks. Historical Studies)
- Lectures on Arakelov Geometry (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
- The Gelfand Mathematics Seminars, 1993 - 1995
- Non-Euclidean Geometries: 581 (Mathematics and Its Applications (closed))
Extra info for A Course in Modern Geometries (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)