By David Eisenbud,Joe Harris
Read or Download 3264 and All That: A Second Course in Algebraic Geometry PDF
Best geometry & topology books
X 1 O S R Cher lecteur, J'entre bien tard dans l. a. sphere etroite des ecrivains au double alphabet, moi qui, il y a plus de quarante ans deja, avais accueilli sur mes terres un basic epris de mathematiques. JI m'avait parle de ses projets grandioses en promettant d'ailleurs de m'envoyer ses ouvrages de geometrie.
From the pyramids and the Parthenon to the Sydney Opera residence and the Bilbao Guggenheim, this e-book takes readers on an eye-opening journey of the maths at the back of the various world's such a lot incredible structures. fantastically illustrated, the e-book explores the milestones in trouble-free arithmetic that liven up the knowledge of those structures and combines this with an in-depth examine their aesthetics, background, and constitution.
The current quantity grew out of the Heidelberg Knot idea Semester, equipped by means of the editors in iciness 2008/09 at Heidelberg collage. The contributed papers convey the reader modern at the at the moment so much actively pursued parts of mathematical knot conception and its purposes in mathematical physics and phone biology.
Spencer Bloch's 1979 Duke lectures, a milestone in sleek arithmetic, were out of print nearly considering that their first ebook in 1980, but they've got remained influential and are nonetheless the simplest position to profit the guiding philosophy of algebraic cycles and factors. This version, now professionally typeset, has a brand new preface by means of the writer giving his viewpoint on advancements within the box over the last 30 years.
- Bayesian Logical Data Analysis for the Physical Sciences: A Comparative Approach with Mathematica® Support
- Singularities of Plane Curves (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Lectures on the Ricci Flow (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Dynamical Systems IV: Symplectic Geometry and its Applications (Encyclopaedia of Mathematical Sciences)
- Recent Topics in Differential and Analytic Geometry (Advanced Studies in Pure Mathematics)
Additional info for 3264 and All That: A Second Course in Algebraic Geometry